JOURNEY Learning: Care Manager Training that Works
JOURNEYⓇ Training includes three main areas: Care Manager Training, Content Optimization, and Quality Assurance and Calibrations and results in a customized approach to treatment management.
1. Care Manager Training
JOURNEY Learning trains care managers how to facilitate holistic patient care, which results in superior clinical and treatment support. By proactively teaching behaviors that encourage patient self-management, our programs deliver long-term health successes.
JOURNEY® Learning arms Care Managers with the skills to:
- Accurately identify patient needs and challenges towards treatment or next steps to care, forecasting care plan adherence and potential barriers to care
- Collaborate on solutions and set short- and long-term disease state specific and broader health goals with the patient, equipping them with effective self-management tools
- Understand the patient attitude and practice health coaching skills if necessary to maintain patient engagement, thereby reducing abandonment and non-adherence
- Ask relevant and clarifying questions to ensure patient understanding of treatment and next steps to care, building a strong coaching relationship between them
- Demonstrate empathy, interest and enthusiasm to build a deeper connection and relationship based upon trust with the patient, resulting in higher compliance and patient satisfaction
Classroom and Virtual Training Elevates Patient Care
JOURNEYⓇ Learning provides comprehensive classroom and virtual proprietary training for case managers (e.g., nurses, social workers, health coaches) on patient engagement and health coaching skills. Case managers are taught to develop meaningful patient connections and maintain patient engagement in physician-directed treatment plans.
Formal Classroom Training
Case managers spend one to two days in an instructor-led course where they can learn foundational and advanced JOURNEY Learning methodologies. The curriculum can also be augmented with disease-state-specific training. Case managers have the opportunity to participate in interactive learning (e.g., role plays) to ensure content comprehension.
Virtual E-Learning Training
Following foundational training, case managers have the opportunity to hone and advance their learned soft skills through informal e-learning courses. These courses can be assigned immediately after live training or on an ongoing basis and incorporate videos, voice over recordings, and gamification functionalities.
2. Content Optimization
As a part of JOURNEY LEARNING, we revise existing call guides or other outreach content (e.g., emails, patient education or adherence materials, etc.) that care managers, contact centers, and HUB service providers use to engage with patient customers.Revisions include strategic recommendations to content structure and verbiage that reflect the JOURNEY Learning methodologies and best practices for patient engagement
3. Quality Assurance and Calibrations
Ongoing, quantitative monitoring of recorded calls, coaching, and training ensures that agents are meeting service level standards as well as implementing the JOURNEY Learning strategies for patient engagement.
Legacy monitors random samples of inbound/outbound recorded calls provided by you prior to training. Each call is individually scored. Aggregate team scores serve as the “baseline” for ongoing calibrations following training.
Call Monitoring and Analysis
Legacy analyzes the incorporation of JOURNEY® Learning tactics in agent recorded calls for a defined period of time following completion of training to ensure quality and discover further improvements.
Legacy meets with Care Managers, Trainers, and Supervisors to review call calibration scores and to identify successes and areas of opportunity to enhance customer interactions.
Legacy facilitates training sessions to address areas of opportunity and conduct additional JOURNEY Learning training as needed.